Monday, March 9, 2009

The Bride of Frankenstein Chose the Bridesmaid Dresses

Weddings are lavish celebrations. A lot of money has to be spent on food, decorations, settings, and clothing. This became a concern for my daughter who has been attending more than a few weddings over the past couple of years. She came over to our house a few days ago seeking my help for a problem regarding the expensive prices of bridesmaid dresses.
My daughter had just come from a shopping trip with a friend who is planning to get married. On this trip they were supposed to pick out the bridesmaid dresses. The first problem became evident when she saw the price of the dress that the bride had picked out. The price was very high so she and the other attendants pointed this out to the bride. However, the bride would not listen to her and maintained that this was the dress she wanted them to wear.
The other problem was the color of the dress that the bride selected. My daughter was upset because the color was unattractive and she is concerned that she will look sickly in the photographs. She felt that the color would make her appear lifeless and washed out. She felt that the bride was purposely picking these bridesmaid dresses so that she would look a cut above anyone else in the wedding party.
My daughter also shared that she had spent hundreds of dollars on bridesmaid dresses for previous weddings and simply cannot afford to spend more than eight hundred dollars on this dress. She was not very close to the bride and she did not want to hurt her feelings. On the other hand, she did not want to spend a ton of money on an ugly dress that she was only going to wear once.
We discussed this problem for a long time and I suggested that she should simply be honest to her friend. She should explain to the bride that she could not afford the dress.
She was unwilling to do this, but she could not come up with other alternatives. She also told me that she will inform me of how things went. She was fearful that she was damaging a relationship over the price of bridesmaid dresses.
When she left my husband asked me why our daughter had been so upset. I told him about our daughter’s problem. He told me that we should offer to pay for the dress so that she wouldn’t have to charge it. I explained to him that the problem went beyond the cost of bridesmaid dresses and that I thought it was important for our daughter to take care of the situation.
After a couple of days, my daughter called me. She had spoken with the bride about the high cost and poor color of the dress. The bride became unusually upset and hung up on her. However, after a few hours the bride called back and apologized and asked our daughter if she would like to shop for a less pricey dress. It turned out that the other attendants had also complained about the dress to her. They all agreed to start over by finding new bridesmaid dresses.
Morgan Hamilton offers expert advice and great tips regarding all aspects concerning Bridesmaid Dresses. Visit our site for more helpful information about Bridesmaid Dresses and other similar topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment